Monday, March 15, 2010

Muhd Sufi Hakim
1st week journal

In the aeroplane, i could already expect the kind of temperature that is going on in China. It would be a few weeks more till it enters spring which means more suitable weather for my body and brain to study in. The moment i got out of the aeroplane, it was so cold that i felt like i was in the freezer. Haha. I even wore 3 layers of clothing on me!

Then the group rode on the bus to UESTC. The ride took an hour long and i was already exhausted. Reached the dorm and it was better than i expected. Well a bit better only. I expected it to be worse. Haha but it was cosy and comfortable. Just needed a sweep and some wiping and the dorm will be all clean. We had dinner in one of the canteens. Unfortunately, i didn’t eat because i didn’t feel that the food they were giving us were halal food. Then my group headed to the school’s supermarket to grab some things to eat and some hangars and a rope. The first day my body hasn’t adapted to the weather yet and i was really shivering the whole time.

The next day, woke up to find my body is shaking due to the cold weather. Hahaha. Proceeded to the shower room for the first time and tested out the water. And no the water is not cold but hot as hell. I can almost feel my scalp scalded after the first few drops of hot water dropped on my head. I swear to never use that shower again. Blah2 proceeded to one of the rooms in their lecture building and i was really amazed at how big the school is. The first 2 hours is about introduction of theirs and it was boring. Really i think i fell asleep. Their introduction was over and headed to the canteen. I found out there was a halal canteen just beside the real canteen and i was delighted because i get to taste Chinese delicacy. The food tastes horrible and cold. To prevent hunger from coming, i smoked a lot.

The next lesson was APPG. I was scared at the first time because i didn’t do to well for COMPRO but after the lesson, i felt the module was ok but very fast paced. I guess 6 weeks here the lecturers must chiong with their lectures. My group went back to the dorm but Nizam went somewhere to grab food. My group, all hungry, slacked in the dorm. After 10 mins, Nizam came back with egg prata and i assure you the prata is one of the tastiest pratas without eating curry! My group then decided to go to the place that sells the prata. It turns out the restaurant beside the prata shop was a halal food shop. That place became our main hangout for food. Hahaha

Fast forward to the weekend, where the OIP group went to one of the cities in Chengdu. The place i thought was bigger than Singapore’s orchard road. There were even hotter babes here than in Singapore. North, south, east, west. There were full of babes. Unfortunately, i didn’t shop much because i only brought a few notes with me. But nevertheless, i bought 2 belts. One for my dad and one for myself. Other than that, my group did nothing except for slacking around in the city and babe watching.

Continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment